We currently offer evening beginners courses within the evening Mysore class (Tues & Thurs or Mon & Thurs). 5.30 – 6.30pm
What will you learn?
- You will be taught the fundamentals of Ashtanga yoga as taught to us by our teachers (Sri K. Pattabhi Jois and his grandson, Sharath Jois) in Mysore, India
- the dynamic sun salutation sequence which introduces the student to vinyasa (free breathing with movement), creating the basis of the ashtanga yoga.
- How to breath to focus the mind and move the body with awareness.
- the initial poses of the primary series, also called, Yoga Chikitsa – yoga therapy. The primary series is designed to cleanse and detoxify the body whilst calming the mind.
- The back ground of Ashtanga yoga and how this fits in with our daily life.
- By the end of the course you will feel comfortable to continue your yoga practice within our Mysore class format.
- Tuesday 8th August, finishes Thursday 17th August Buy now
- Monday 11th September, finishes Thursday 21st September Buy now
- Monday 2nd October, finishes Thursday 12th October Buy now
- Monday 13th November, finishes 23rd November Buy now
Price $120. These are courses are held over 4 evenings, 5.30 – 6.30pm.
Whilst you are learning within a Mysore class, you will still have the structure and guidance of a beginners class. This helps create a regular routine which students so students can continue practicing once completing the course.
Students will learn the fundamentals of the Ashtanga yoga practice and benefit from a small class with personalised instruction and guidance. By the end of the course students will be ready to continue practicing within the Mysore class format.
Participants will be eligible for a 10% discount on their next yoga pass purchase
*If these times do not suit you, you are welcome to come along to any Mysore class. It will be most beneficial for you if you make a monthly commitment and come in as often as you can over the month. You will need to allow about 30 – 40 min for your practice. You will be taught individually at an appropriate pace that suits you. Please feel free to email us for further information.